Have you ever read a book only to get to the end and throw it against the wall in a…Read More
The Good, The Bad and the Viral
Give your Video Audience Building skills to become the good type of Viral
When some people think of Viral they thinking of phlegm ridden throats and runny noses, but to be an advertising winner when you think Viral you must think advertising.
We have all seen our fair share of good and bad advertisements, but the advertisements that get stuck in your head are the ones you just cannot escape.
These are the ones people can’t help but share and it is the best way to get maximum exposure for your company with least effort necessary.
You have the product or service you want to sell, now you need to show your consumer why they should choose you in the most entertaining yet informative way.
Here’s are some step to help give your video what it needs to go Viral:
Realise the power of bloggers
- Bloggers have a great media presence with followers waiting up to soack up every word and go try out any product they suggest
- They are real people who have created connections with their followers so more likely to be trusted
- Each blogger has a certain area they specialise in find the ones which suit your particular company
- This can give you exposure to thousands of followers all interested in something that is going to benefit their area of interest
Keep it short
- People don’t want to watch a 10 minute mini film of why Oreos are the best cookies of all time, they want a fast yet entertaining promotional video production
- Don’t tell them everything there is to know about your product – You need to tell them what they need to know without them even realising
Think outside the square
Who would have thought to put a perfectly functional ipad in a Blender? Blendtec’s CEO Tom Dickson thought so, proving to his consumer the power of the blender and also creating a shock factor that would generate sharing.
Less about you more about them
- We know you’re proud of your product but the less bragging the better
- People want to know what you are going to do for them
- Use emotive language to make your viewers feel something
- Appeal to a person’s emotions whether it be happiness or anger
- This will create a lasting impression
Jonah Berger, Marketing professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and author of the bestsellerContagious: Why Things Catch On. (Ankeny, J. (2014)
Dove real women Advertisment – Dove congregated a group of women to describe themselves to a professional sketch artist behind a blind, and then a stranger to describe them to the artist then compare the two highlighting the underlying issue that women think less of themselves that others see. ‘Real Beauty Sketches’ was uploaded in 25 different languages reaching consumers in over 110 countries. This moving advertisement definitely made pulled the heart strings of consumers by generating almost 3.8 million shares in the first month alone.
Share, Share, Share
- You need as much online presence as you can generate
- Get friends and family on board to in sharing your brand
- Contact sites that you think best suit your company
- Online media outlets, magazines
- Social networks
Now that you have the elements of a perfect web video production its now up to you to take it to the next level.
By Natasha Giannetti
Ankeny, J. (2014). How These 10 Marketing Campaigns Became Viral Hits. Entrepreneur.com, Available: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/233207